Setting up a Seller Account
To set up a Seller Account, one must first create an Amazon account if it does not already exist.
Creating a New Amazon Account
When setting up a new Amazon account, one clicks on Amazon.com and enters one’s email address when prompted. Instead of submitting an already existing Amazon.com password, one clicks the button that says, No, I am a new customer. When prompted, one should complete all fields, including name, email address, and phone number (optional). A password for this Amazon.com account must be established, and a strong password that is also easy to remember is highly recommended. Specific steps to create a new account are below. Using an Existing Account Returning customers who wish to start selling on Amazon.com enter their account information and navigate the site to create a Seller Account.
Setting Up an Amazon Seller Account
- From any page on Amazon, the seller clicks the Your Account button, located in the top right corner of the page. Once the account page is displayed, the seller clicks Your Seller Account, located under the tab Your Other Accounts, on the right side of the page.
- Since no Seller Account has previously been established, the page will display this message: We do not recognize you. Please sign in to view Your Seller Account. The new seller must click to sign in.
- The seller enters the email address to be associated with Amazon and clicks the link, I do not have an Amazon.com password. The seller then clicks the Continue button.
- After entering name and password twice, the seller clicks the Continue button.
- The seller must create a username that will appear on the seller’s store page and on all of the seller’s listings. Note: Amazon strongly recommends changing one’s nickname to the company’s name so buyers know the store’s name when making a Marketplace purchase. Domain names are not permitted.
- The seller enters credit card information and the billing address for that specific credit card, and clicks the Continue button.
- At the Confirmation page, the seller must be sure to:
- Review all credit or debit card details, address, and phone number.
- Sign the Participation Agreement, as the account will not be finalized until this agreement is signed.
- Enter banking details (may also be done at a later time). Note: To verify the seller’s identity, Amazon.com will validate the seller’s credit card information with the bank. The seller will not be charged for this validation.
- The seller must enter an address, as well as work and home telephone numbers, and then click the Continue button. Note: A phone number is necessary to finalize the creation of the Seller Account, because Amazon verifies the account by telephone. After entering a valid phone number where the seller can be reached, the seller will be given a four-digit PIN and then prompted over the phone to enter the PIN. Once completed, a successful verification will appear on the screen automatically.
- The seller then clicks “Register and Continue” to finalize the registration