Resources - Blog
Boost Your Amazon Product Pages With Video
Stay on top of the latest e-commerce and marketplace trends.
It is said that a picture is worth 1,000 words. Well, if that’s true, then a video is worth 1.8M, according to Dr. James McQuivey of Forrester Research.
In an ever-growing and increasingly competitive market on Amazon, how are you differentiating your products and brands from the competition? According to our Amazon contacts, video is the next big thing on the Amazon platform. Amazon loves video and Amazon wants video.
Why is that? Amazon is an analytics-based company. However, there happens to be a pretty solid backing for video showcasing your products, with some of the top reasons below:
- Shoppers want more video. 90% of users say that product videos are helpful in the decision process.*
- Higher conversion rates. Including a video on a landing page can increase conversion rates by up to 80%.*
- 88% of shoppers agree that videos better explain product features and benefits.**
- Enjoyment of video ads increase purchase intent by 97% and brand awareness by 139%*.
- 32% of shoppers will shop on a retailer’s site over Amazon when more videos are included.**
- 82% of millennial shoppers will watch a mobile video while they are in a store to learn more about a product.**
Are you tired of the overwhelming stats yet? They speak for themselves. The next steps include determining what videos you need to make and then getting them onto your Amazon listings.
There are three types of videos that we suggest to promote and engage users with your products:
- Product Display Videos. These are simple, clean videos that showcase the products themselves. We’ve all seen them – they are typically a 360-degree video showing the product on a purer, white background. Price: $
- Customer Experience Videos. These videos can be captured by your users, fans, or reviewers. These videos offer an authentic experience for other customers to better understand your product. Price: $$ (Free if you have super-fans)
- Product Descriptor Videos. These videos are high-quality, scripted experiences that showcase the product highlights and user benefits. Price: $$$
When placing a video on Amazon, our data shows that viewers drop off dramatically after 60 seconds (over 45% of viewers). The videos with the highest completion rate were between 30 and 45 seconds in length.
Now, how do you integrate video into your Amazon listings? There are three ways:
- Detail Page Display Images: The most prominent display of videos is at the top of the Detail Page, in one of the image locations. These videos are placed through the Vendor Central side of Amazon. If you are a 3P Seller, you don’t have access to this option (unless you sign up for Amazon Exclusives program and pay an extra 5% platform fees on all sales).
- Video Shorts: This is a newer section on the Amazon Detail Page. These videos show up right above the Customer Reviews section – and are often viewed when a customer wants to find out more about a product. These videos can be very effective, especially since you can put multiple videos in this section on a single ASIN.
- Videos in Storefronts: If your brand is registered through Amazon, you will gain access to the new Storefronts Section. You can build your own Storefront where shoppers can view more information about your brand. As a part of this page, sellers can list videos about their products.
Start now. Get your videos in order and start listing them on your Amazon products. Videos are the future when it comes to boosting your product pages on Amazon.
Need high quality videos made at a low price? Head over to media.circle.tech
Already have a video to upload to Video Shorts? Head over to amzproductvideo.com
*Source: HubSpot Video Marketing Statistics