Resources - Blog
Amazon Update: Alexa’s Advanced Notice on Deals
Stay on top of the latest e-commerce and marketplace trends.
Amazon Alexa’s New Advanced Notice on Deals
On March 31, Amazon announced that Alexa devices can now give advance notice on Amazon deals for Amazon Prime customers across all newer generation Echo smart speakers.
Alexa can notify customers up to 24 hours before a deal becomes available with prompts for customers to add an eligible item to their wish list, to their shopping cart, or to be saved for later. For example, if a customer has recently searched for a Kindle but has not yet bought the item, Alexa would alert the customer of an upcoming deal for that item and prompt them to take action.
This feature is not automatically enabled. When it is enabled, there is a Yellow Ring light or pop-up notification on the Echo device to alert customers of an upcoming deal on items they have saved. Once the message has been opened, Alexa can either set a reminder for when the deal goes live or, with permission, can order the item on behalf of the customers when the deal is available.
Customers can also track their order status and estimated delivery by asking, “Alexa, where’s my stuff?”
This is another new feature in the long list of uses for Alexa devices, including adding items to a shopping list, answering questions about products, reordering household items, and more.
Amazon Audio and Voice Advertising 2022 Updates
Approximately 25% of US adults now own a smart speaker, coinciding with audio ads as an emerging viable digital format and increased adoption of voice-activated advertising. Voice-control technology is being adopted by a variety of voice assistants — including Amazon Alexa, Apple’s Siri, and Google Assistant. There is now an even greater need to understand how to use and optimize voice advertising in your marketing strategies.
In a recent survey of over 1,000 brands, 24% now use audio ads as part of their strategy, and 18% of brands think audio ads drive the greatest returns.
Though Amazon is not the only audio platform, it currently ranks in the top four, following only behind Pandora and Spotify, and is predicted to surpass Pandora in listeners by the end of 2022.
More 2022 Amazon Updates
Here are some more recent Amazon updates from 2022.
Important Prime Day Dates
- April 29: Prime Day Deals Deadline for Consideration and Lightning Deals Submission (U.S. and Canada)
- June 2: Inbound Shipping Cutoff Deadline (U.S. and Canada)
- June 10: Coupon Submission Deadline
- June 20: FBA Inventory Cutoff Deadline
- July 8: Prime Exclusive Discounts Deadline
Amazon Advertising Updates
- Budget usage percentage is now available in Amazon Ads API
- Bid recommendations are now available for Sponsored Display vCPM campaigns
- Budget rule support now available for Sponsored Display
- Sponsored Display ad groups are now available in the Amazon ad console
- Amazon Ads Test Accounts API for Sponsored Products and Sponsored Brands
Amazon Brand Updates
- Starting May 1, all Sponsored Brands product collection ad campaigns with one or fewer products will require a custom image in the campaign creative.
It’s hard to keep up with every new Amazon update. Be the first to know about Amazon news and how it impacts brands and sellers by signing up for our newsletter in the form below.