University - Shipping Items
Once buyers place their orders, they are able to trust that their products will arrive in a timely manner and in good condition. If the condition of the items is defective upon arrival, they would be considered damaged goods, and the buyers would have several avenues to take action.
Handling Damaged Goods
Buyers may handle their discontent with the arrival of defective or damaged merchandise by turning to Amazon’s Returns Center and select one of the following:
- Return the Item(s): Amazon accepts most items for return within 30 days of receiving the merchandise without complication.
- Exchange the Item(s): Amazon replaces defective, damaged, or incorrect merchandise to the extent possible.
Note: Buyers who purchase their goods via third-party sellers may return the items if found to be defective or damaged, but may not exchange them. Buyers may contact the third-party seller directly to resolve their complaint, but the easiest way to make an exchange under these circumstances may be to return the item for a complete refund and purchase the item again.
The Different Kinds of Defect or Damage
When a picture frame arrives with its glass smashed, that is an unequivocal example of damage to the merchandise ordered. But not all problems with a given order are as obvious. Possible problems include the following:
- Item arrived with main parts missing.
- Item arrived with missing accessories that are designated to accompany the item.
- Item arrived in a different size than that ordered.
- Item arrived in a different color than that ordered.