Transaction information is the collective term used by Amazon to incorporate all of the details concerning any business dealings made via the Amazon Marketplace or affiliate sites. This falls under the terms of service and can be read about at length under the Participation Agreement that the seller must sign upon activated an account, whether it is a standard Seller Account or a Pro Merchant Account.
Defining Transaction Information
Transaction information can include, but does not exclusively refer to:
- Order information generated by an actual order being placed. This can include product details, shipping information and refund details.
- Personal information about the buyer.
- Shopping preferences revealed by cart or browsing behavior.
- Financial or banking details of the buyer.
- Refunds, chargebacks or credits given by Amazon or the seller.
Transaction information can be viewed and reviewed in the Payment Reports section under View Transactions and the Transaction Details pages on the Seller Account page.