Merchants can choose to ship the item is by one or both of these methods, and there are several reasons to choose between FBM or FBA.
Shipping Benefits Associated with FBA
When the Seller decides to choose Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA), there are added benefits that the Seller is able to offer customers, increasing opportunities to sell products successfully through Amazon. Customers buying products from Sellers using FBA are eligible for Super Saver Shipping and Amazon Prime, which offers the Seller competitive pricing on inventory.
Super Saver Shipping Sellers
This shipping method allows customers these benefits:
- Free shipping on eligible items with a minimum purchase of $25.
- Merchandise available will be shipped in 5-8 business days.
This method allows customers these benefits:
- Two day shipping absolutely free.
- No minimum order size.
- Unlimited streaming of movies and TV shows instants on Prime Instant Videos.
- A free Kindle book rental each month through the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library.
The seller must follow the requirements listed below for shipping specific items:
- Certain items require sellers to ship within a certain time-frame. All Books, Music, Video, and DVD (BMVD) products within two business days of receiving the order.
- Shipping for BMVD products is set by Amazon and is set based on the product and the shipping preference of the Buyer.
- The seller must offer standard shipping for all items sold on Amazon.
- The seller may choose whether to offer international shipping as well as other expedited shipping methods.
- International shipping is offered for BMVD products in countries approved by Amazon by using the FBA Export.
Shipping Services and Reduced Delivery Times
If they qualify, sellers of Books, Music, Video, and DVD (BMVD) products are able to choose reduced shipment times for Standard and Expedited shipments. When selected, this will be available for Buyers to view during checkout and in the details of the Buyer’s order. The reduced shipping is as follows:
- Standard shipping can be reduced from 4-14 days to 3–5 days.
- Expedited shipping can be reduced from 2-6 days to 1–3 days.
In able to qualify for reduced shipping times of BMVD products, sellers must meet the following requirements:
- The seller must have shipped at least 10 units in the previous 30 days.
- The seller must have used tracking on 98 percent of shipments for the previous 30 days.
- The seller must have made deliveries on time and maintain a delivery score of 97 percent for the previous 30 days.
If the seller qualifies, the option to reduce shipping time will remain as an option for Buyers. However, if the seller’s tracking dips below 98 percent or the on-time delivery scores go under 97 percent, the option for reduced shipping time for the seller’s listings will automatically revert back to the Standard and Expedited shipping times.
Confirm a Shipment
To provide a high standard of customer service, the seller will confirm shipment of units shipped immediately by:
- From Seller Central, click on the order in Manage Orders under the Orders tab.
- Click the Confirm Shipment button next to the order and the Confirm Shipments page will appear.
- Enter the Ship Date for the order.
- Select the appropriate shipping Carrier (such as USPS) from the drop-down list for that particular order.
- Enter the Shipping Service and the Tracking ID.
- Click the Confirm Shipment button and the shipment will be marked as confirmed.