University - General Information About Amazon
Amazon Seller Central
Amazon Seller Central is the portal from which Amazon sellers manage such aspects of their sales as inventory, pricing, orders, performance analysis, and more. Sellers access the portal through their Amazon accounts by clicking Your Account in the top right corner of their account page, and then clicking Your Seller Account in the same location. The seller is then directed to the Seller Central homepage.
When one joins Amazon as a seller, a navigation bar for Getting Started appears at the top of the Seller Central page. It offers tips to aid new sellers in navigating Seller Central, and launching the seller’s webstore. Guided operations include: adding products, categorizing, selecting a theme, customizing, modifying settings, saving any changes, and launching the seller’s webstore.
At the top of the page, a navigation menu includes drop-down menus that provide sellers with the means of obtaining certain information quickly. Below is a brief description of the navigation tabs in Seller Central:
- Inventory: This tab is primarily used to manage sellers’ inventories manually, either unit-by-unit or by uploading inventory spreadsheets. It is also used to modify product information, add products to be sold, control pricing, and adjust quantities. Sellers may also manage Fulfillment By Amazon (FBA) inventory and create shipments from this tab.
- Orders: Sellers manage orders and returns under this tab. They also generate order reports under this tab.
- Reports: This tab contains business related reports. The Payments section allows sellers to view all payment histories and to generate settlement reports.
- Performance: An important aspect to sellers’ successes, the Performance tab shows all information that attests to the health of sellers’ accounts. Sellers are able to view all A-to-Z Guarantee claims, chargebacks, customer feedback, and any new performance notifications.
- Settings: The Settings tab provides the means for sellers to see and review all general information about their preferences, including bank account information, display names, notification settings, and shipping settings. Sellers are also able to customize their webstores to their specific needs and wants.
Note: The Tax Document Library tab stores all tax related documents required to file taxes properly.
Seller Central Widgets
The Seller Central homepage offers several different widgets designed to help Amazon’s sellers. The widgets display information pertaining to the sellers’ webstores. The widgets provide sellers with important feedback and other details about orders, return requests, and messages from buyers. Widgets may be moved or deleted altogether, according to preference, if the sellers do not want to include them on their Seller Central homepages.
The following are standard Seller Central widgets:
- Your Orders: Located to the left of the webpage, this widget offers similar information to the Orders tab. It is in immediate view when sellers open the Seller Central page.
- Headlines: Located in the center of the webpage, this widget provides sellers with a place to find news updates, as well as any changes made to Seller Central. Sellers are encouraged to review this widget regularly to stay up-to-date with the latest news, features, and changes for Amazon sellers.
- Performance: This widget, similar to the equivalent tab on the navigation bar, allows sellers to review the health of the account as well as any new customer feedback, immediately.
- Payments Summary: This widget provides sellers with instant access to information from the bank account that is tied to Amazon. The account balance is also displayed in this widget.